- Vorpal Robotics is an open source project designed to create exciting, friendly and interactive classroom products using 3D printing technology combined with electronic components.
- Winner of the Best of 2018 Award tại Westport CT Maker Faire with over 13,000 contestants.
- Vorpal Hexapod is a 6-legged spider robot product from Vorpal Robotics, which earned the title “Project We Love” on Kickstarter and has sold hundreds of units on Kickstarter. Since then, Vorpal Robotics has continued to sell more for schools, manufacturers, technology lovers, robot clubs. It is also used in STEM classes at schools and universities throughout the United States.
- Students get access to 3D printing technology.
- Students practice research skills in English.
- Students will be able to understand and use some types of electronic components such as Arduino Nano Board, MG-90S Servo Motor, Bluetooth Module HC-06, etc.
- Students will be able to assemble and program Vorpal Hexapod in languages such as C ++, Scratch, …
- Ask students to study by themselves with the following guide
- Have students install the software needed to use the 3D printer, download and use the Vorpal Hexapod pre-designed file.
- Students self study and assemble the robot according to the technical guide.
- Guide students to program the robot with Scratch (Scratch for Vorpal):
- Hold small competitions using Vorpal Hexapod such as: race, obstacle, climbing, dancing robot, …
- Preparation: 1 week (After acquiring 3D printer)
- Implementation period: 3 weeks.